About Plie Prep
Hi, I’m Dani, the founder of Plie Prep.
I have been involved in the Dance Industry for over 25 years, first as a dancer, then working at various Dance Festivals across Western Canada and most recently as a Dance Parent. With these roles I have developed a unique perspective on Dance Events through various lenses.
There are many, many Dance Events (both live and online) for you to choose to participate in. If you have any questions about our events please reach out, I’d love to talk to you!
What is Plie Prep?
Plie Prep was created out of necessity through the Pandemic, and has continued to grow and expand based on our Key Core Values…
- ENCOURAGE: We provide opportunities that encourage dancers through positive and constructive feedback from industry professionals.
- ACCESSIBLE: Our events are accessible to everyone. We work hard to keep costs per dancer lower than the industry average. We also offer studio scholarships to all studios who attend our events. In addition, please contact us for options for dancers facing financial hardship.
- INCLUSIVE: Dance is for Everyone, we truly believe that! We welcome everyone and every ability to our events. We will accommodate however we can so that everyone who wants to dance- can! Also- we have a category for those dancers who just want to be on stage and enjoy. Purely Performance categories are for those dancers who want the opportunity of having the audience & applause without being compared to other performers or adjudicators scores.
- APPROACHABLE: We are approachable! We know that as Dance Educators and Dance Teachers you know your students better than anyone. We are here for you! Our goal is that our events benefit your Dancers’, so if you want the Adjudicator to focus on a certain section or element- just let us know. We are all about communication!
- PURPOSE: Dance is so much more than Gold Medals… We want to hear your dancers’ purpose for dancing. We have added elements to our events to emphasize and inspire purpose for each individual dancer.
What you can expect from us.
- A fun, encouraging experience for dancers. Beneficial feedback for ALL levels and ages.
- Awards based on marks AND awards based on performance value, heart and love of dance!
- Clear contingency plans and refund policies.
- Gratitude & appreciation for dancers, studios and dance parents!
Amanda, Studio Owner
Plie Prep has given my dancers a multitude of outstanding opportunities this past dance season. From online competitions to online dance workshops, our dancers have been engaged and excited about dance in a very trying time. The professionalism is second to none... Thank you PliePrep for all your hard work!
Thanks for your work on this competition. You’ve been so responsive, the adjudicator’s comments were so positive and encouraging, and it was a great process overall.
Bri, Studio Owner
Thank you! The whole thing was a great experience and I can't wait to share everything with the dancers
WOW, I would like to say I am really, really happy with the feedback provided. The adjudicators chosen obviously know their stuff and have a plethora of teaching expertise behind them! And they were so positive and provided lots of constructive criticism. I am very thankful you provided this opportunity. We obviously had lack of practice time and practice space this season due to the pandemic, so having this feedback they can take to improve their solos once they are back in the studio is invaluable! Thanks again!
I think you all really went out of your way to make it the best experience you could! You made an effort to positively impact the dancers, teachers, parents...and studio owners BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the event
Stephanie, Dance Parent
Thank You for putting on such a great and positive experience for the dancers and audience!
Kristine, Studio Owner
Thank you so much for a fabulous first competition! Our dancers really really enjoyed the competition, as did all of our teachers! We will most certainly be back next year. I really appreciate all the extra time, communication, and special touches. Our dancers felt very comfortable and encouraged and overall had a very positive experience. We really appreciated your flexibility and timely communication. I know our parents really valued the schedule being released early and all the clear information communicated. Thank you again for all you did to make the day so special!
Adjudicator 2022 Season
I wanted to thank you again for a great experience at your event. I had such an enjoyable time and I was so well taken care of. All of the team at Plie Prep were so kind, welcoming and helpful. I thought you ran such a wonderful event and I really loved getting the opportunity to tell each of the kids something special that I saw in them. It was an absolute joy ☺️ I’m so happy to see an event running that has the dancer's best interest in mind and where the focus is not the medals, but the support, kindness and constructive feedback. Thank you for giving the dancers such a safe space to perform. And thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of your inaugural season! I hope to see you again soon!